It is Wednesday afternoon, and we are ready to leave! Scott and I just ate our last pizza from the Italian restaurant on Shaiman Island (at least the last one for this visit). They are so delicious and come in a gift-quality pizza box all wrapped up in a ribbon and tied with a bow.
Sarah is peacefully napping, and we have packed up all of our stuff. We pick up Sarah's Immigration Visa and then take the train to Hong Kong at 4:12 p.m. There are a few other adoptive families on the same train that are also staying at the same hotel in Hong Kong tonight, so their guide arranged a bus for us to all get from the train station to the hotel this evening. What a blessing!
Our flight is scheduled to leave Hong Kong at 11:40 a.m. tomorrow (Nov. 26) and arrive in Chicago at 11:41 a.m. the same day (a 14-hour flight). Sarah hasn't enjoyed riding in the van around Guangzhou, so we are a little bit apprehensive about how she'll do on the flight.
We are scheduled to arrive at the Birmingham Airport at 3:11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. What a time of rejoicing that will be!
I will post lots of pictures on our blog when we get home. For those of you still reading, thanks for joining us on this journey.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will be praying for a great flight for all of you - sorry we won't be in Birmingham to meet you at the airport! What a wonderful way to begin the holiday season! We will be praying for you here in SC. Love, Shea and John Mark
ReplyDeleteWe check your blog every day for updates. We are going to MS for Thanksgiving and regrettably, will miss seeing you at the airport. But we hope to meet Sarah very soon afterwards. What a wonderful Thanksgiving for your entire family to be together (Adams family of 5). Sounds like a wonderful reality tv show. Praying that the flight will be smooth.
ReplyDeletePraying your flight is smooth. I think Mary Austin slept through most of it?!? But I cannot remember. I do remember the crowd at the airport! Even the TSA screeners were cheering and clapping. even though we have never met if we were not going to be out of town we would come to welcome home the newest china girl!
ReplyDeleteFor those of us still reading? I check your blog more than once daily and I am guessing others do too! I am always so happy for a new piece of news! In your spare time (when not tending to 3 kids under 5) you'll have to keep writing! As for the flight, how many cans of sweet potato puffs do you have rationed for it?? XOXOOX Happy Thanksgiving! Love you! Julie
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving! We've been praying for safe travel, and thinking about your exciting homecoming today!!! Can't wait to hear all about it, and meet your sweet Sarah!
ReplyDelete