Today is our last full day in Chengdu. We will go to the yummy breakfast buffet in our hotel, let Sarah take her morning nap, and then go out with our guide, Susie.
Our first destination will be Sarah's finding place. She was found at the age of 6 weeks with a note. The orphanage gave us a copy of the note, which our guide translated for us. It is a very beautiful, though heart-wrenching, message that we will one day be able to share with Sarah.
After we take pictures at Sarah's finding place, we will go to a park and then to a brocade museum.
Many of you have commented on our photos (Gina has faithfully forwarded our blog comments to us since we are operating solely from a Blackberry) and how happy we look. We are indeed so happy, but I don't want to give the impression that there haven't been any moments of fear, doubt, or panic. There have been -- at least for me (Keri). We just haven't taken any pictures at those times.
We are so thankful for Sarah and for God sovereignly adding her to our family, and she continues to adjust extremely well. So our journey has definitely been on the easy side of the spectrum so far, but my heart is still prone to wander and doubt, so please keep praying. We need it!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow! I so enjoyed catching up on what has been going on! I love being able to picture where y'all are since Chengdu is the city I lived in for a year! Sarah is absolutely precious and I can't wait to meet her when y'all get home! know that you have so many people rejoicing with you back in Bham! Love, Ashley (McMakin)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you where able to post pictures! I so wanted to see her in your arms. She is so gorgeous!! I can't wait to see more when you get home. We are praying for you guys everyday. This is SUCH and emotional time. there is not an emotion left out of this time and all the emotions are so extreme. That in itself, is tiring...so I am praying for strength of the body and soul!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Jennifer
Hey Ker and Scott,
ReplyDeleteWe are all praying and the kids are so excited about instantly gaining a new cousin. Though we've talked about it before, they just "got" the concept today. You are obeying the Gospel so tangibly in what you are doing...caring for the "widows and orphans". We love you!
The Snyders
She is so beautiful and seems so content in your arms! I'm praying for you both during this emotional time. Keri, I will pray that God will lift you and sustain you during those moments of fear, doubt, etc. You and Scott have been entrusted with this precious little girl and He will be faithful to see you through the good and bad times ahead. I've set the picture of the 3 as my screensaver. What a glorious thing it is to see the fruit of our prayers for Sarah now in plain sight! Praise the Lord! Love you!
ReplyDeleteKara
Keri,
ReplyDeleteMelany wanted me to pass on to you that she and Mark are praying for ya'll and that she saw the video about the adoption on Sunday and it made her cry for joy! Love you!
Kara
This is absolutely amazing that you have that note. I keep hoping Virginia Grace was found with one, but I know that's rare. I'm catching up on everything since I was out of town for a few days without internet access...I was dying to get to your blog! :)
ReplyDelete