Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hot Pot

We arrived at our hotel in Chengdu at 3:00 am this morning (Saturday). Our flight from Shanghai was 2 hours late due to snow in northern China. It felt so good to sleep in a bed!

Today we got our first real taste of Chengdu. We spent the afternoon with Susie, who is delightful. She took us to a restaurant called "Old Mother" for a spicy Sichuan hot pot. Yum! It was delicious. Then we walked through a lovely park called "Hundred Flowers Park."

Susie knows who our daughter is and has seen her in the last 10 days. She described Sarah as "a chubby little baby -- like a doll." Susie said that Sarah can walk a little bit. We can't wait to meet her!! We will probably go to the civil affairs building at 9:00 am on Monday to get Sarah (7:00 pm Sunday evening CST).

We are so thankful for everyone who is helping to care for our family in such tangible ways while we are here.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are in China, so close to your little girl!!! What an amazing story you will have for her one day. I'm SO excited to hear more. Praying for you daily!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you to hear you arrived safely in China. We can't wait to hear about your first day with Sarah. Have fun and know we are parying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I didn't proofread...We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hotpot!! At least I like most of the things they place in the hotpot. Some of the things make me squirm thinking about eating it. Good to know that Lily and Kate will have another "spicy" girl to eat spicy food with when she gets here. Everyone loved your video today and I am sure it is prompting many people to pray for you tomorrow on Forever Family Day. May she quickly embrace Mommy and Daddy (and one day her heavenly Father)

    ReplyDelete